You will have seen in the national news that there have been reports of an extremely rare adverse event of blood clots and low platelet count following the first dose of the AstraZeneca Covid-19 Vaccine in a small number of patients.
After consideration by the MHRA and JCVI, amended guidance has been issued. The JVCI now advises that it is preferable for adults under 30 years of age without underlying health conditions are to be offered an alternative vaccine as a precautionary measure.
Our patients will be offered an alternative vaccine (currently proposed to be the Pfizer BioNTech), which should be made available in the next few weeks. If an appointment had already been booked for an AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine, then this has been cancelled.
All other patients, including those under 30 who have already had an AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccination, are unaffected. This means that this amended guidance is only likely to currently affect a small number of patients until we reach the stage where those under 30 years old, as a general cohort, are vaccinated later in the spring/summer.
First Vaccination Dose
All patients in the government priority groups have now received an invitation either by letter, email or text from either NHS England or Deddington Health Centre or both.
If you are in the groups below and have not yet been vaccinated and wish to have the vaccine at Chipping Norton Health Centre please call us on 01869 338611 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Residents in a care home for older adults and staff working in care homes for older adults
- All those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
- All those 75 years of age and over
- All those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals (not including pregnant women and those under 16 years of age)
- All those 65 years of age and over
- Adults aged 16 to 65 years in an at-risk group (including carers)
- All those 60 years of age and over
- All those 55 years of age and over
- All those 50 years of age and over
Second Vaccination Dose
We are currently completing second dose vaccinations, if you had your first vaccination at Chipping Norton Health Centre you will receive an invitation from us to book your second dose appointment to take place within 12 weeks of your first dose. If you have not received an invitation by 11 weeks please email email@example.com
When attending for your second dose please print, complete and take this form with you to your first vaccination appointment.