Book your Flu Jab
You can book your flu jab now by:
- Booking online using Patient Access
- Calling us on 01869 338611
Seasonal flu is a highly infectious illness caused by a flu virus. The virus infects your lungs and upper airways, causing a sudden high temperature and general aches and pains. You could also lose your appetite, feel nauseous and have a dry cough. Symptoms can last for up to a week. We offer ‘at risk’ groups the flu vaccine at a certain time each year to protect you against the flu virus.
You may be invited for a flu jab if you are:
- over 65 years of age
- or have:
- a serious heart or chest complaint, including asthma
- serious kidney disease
- lowered immunity due to disease or treatment such as steroid medication or cancer treatment
- if you have ever had a stroke
ALL healthy children who are aged 2, 3 and 4 years old are invited to receive a new flu vaccine this year. This is in the form of a nasal spray.
For more information please visit the websites below:
- Flu and the Flu Vaccine – NHS Choices