Further to our news item on 30th October 2017 we are now about to transition to Phase 2 of the project on Monday 5th February 2018.
We have now opened the main Dispensary doors and closed the temporary portacabin.
Phase 2 (5th February 2018) will affect the following areas:
- Parking – this will be more limited as we need to accommodate contractor work areas within our car park.
- Reception – the main reception desk will be relocated to the Dispensary waiting area to allow us to create 4 new clinical rooms leading off the main patient waiting area. Waiting space for appointments will be limited. Please try to come on your own to appointments when possible and not arrive too early.
- GP and Nurse Rooms – you may see your clinician in a different room as we reconfigure some of the current rooms along the corridor.
- Main entrance – a temporary entrance will be created at Dispensary as we improve outside access to meet current Disability Discrimination Act compliance and make the entrances and toilet facilities more accessible for those with limited mobility.
- During this period of works your GP may make more use of telephone triage to assess whether you need to come to the Health Centre to be seen.
Throughout this work period there will be increased noise. We apologise in advance for any noise disruption whilst you are consulting with your GP or nurse.