Invitations for COVID-19 vaccinations
Across the country COVID-19 vaccinations are being offered to everyone over the age of 70 and those who are clinically extremely vulnerable. So far, most patients vaccinated from this practice have received their vaccination at Chipping Norton Health Centre. To speed up vaccinations being given, mass vaccination sites are opening up and some pharmacies are offering the jab; these are being managed nationally. Letters are being sent directly to patients aged over 70 and people who are clinically extremely vulnerable who have not yet had their vaccination.
If you receive one of these letters it will provide the information you need to book your vaccination at one of these sites. You will be able to do this by phone or online. This may mean you get your vaccination sooner but you may need to travel further. You can choose to have the vaccine in one of our clinics.
We have now invited all patients in the top 4 priority groups below. If you are in one of the top 4 groups and have not received an invitation and would like to have the vaccine at our clinics running at Chipping Norton Health Centre this week please call us on 01869 338611.
Whichever option you choose, it is important to be aware that you will need to have your second dose at the same place where you had your first dose and this cannot be changed.
There are no current plans for vaccines to be done at Deddington Health Centre or for choosing which vaccine to have at the clinic, we will update this notice if either of those change. Deliveries are currently at short notice and so we may contact you to attend at short notice for your vaccine.
We are now starting to send out electronic invitations to book appointments where we have a mobile telephone number for patients, this is a national system approved for use by NHS Digital and will significantly help to reduce the workload for our practice teams. Patients will just need to make their booking using their DOB. If we do not have a mobile telephone number we will try to call a home number, it is important to provide us with up to date contact details so that we can book your appointments as efficiently as possible.
We are waiting for further guidance on second dose vaccines and will update this notice when we know more, patients will be contacted when we are able to offer second doses of the vaccine.
JVCI Priority Groups
- Residents in a care home for older adults and staff working in care homes for older adults – completed
- All those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers – completed
- All those 75 years of age and over – completed
- All those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals (not including pregnant women and those under 16 years of age) – clinics running this week, all invitations completed
- All those 65 years of age and over
- Adults aged 16 to 65 years in an at-risk group
- All those 60 years of age and over
- All those 55 years of age and over
- All those 50 years of age and over
- Rest of the population (to be determined)